Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestion Thread!

Go down 
+6
Kenta Maeda
Hiromasa
YumerkiAburama
Avery
Artemis
Houjin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:33 am

This thread will be stickied and always available for anyone to post in. If you have questions, comments, suggestions, etc; and wish to share them, post them here. Please do not spam this thread, we will get to new posts as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Novice
Artemis

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

I noticed that for a novice bender to reach adept, all they can do is jobs to rank up. I'm suggesting that we'd be allowed to do training of a certain word count, like the other ranks allow.
Back to top Go down
Avery
Grandmaster
Avery

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 pm

The training is on top of the jobs. It's not an either or situation; though I can see why it would seem like that. The other ranks must do the base amount of jobs plus the training on top of that.
Back to top Go down
https://bendthis.rpg-board.net
YumerkiAburama
Novice
YumerkiAburama

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm

o.o is character creation for water benders open yet?
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Creation for ALL character types is currently OPEN. I'll make another post about that, so no one else gets confused.~
Back to top Go down
Hiromasa
Novice
Hiromasa

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Dunno how doable this is or how much work it'd be even if it was, but this forum has an odd habit of making me reselect text that I want to apply, say, bold, italics, or color to vice keeping it selected until I unselected it. Not a huge deal, just curious as to whether there's a fix, possibly something on my end.
Back to top Go down
Kenta Maeda
Novice
Kenta Maeda

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:08 pm

I was thinking if you guys could add a notification thread for your characters. Although it may not be too important, I have seen give a lot of eager Rpers such as myself peace of mind when they post there.
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 am

Notification thread?
Back to top Go down
Kenta Maeda
Novice
Kenta Maeda

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:06 am

A thread that role players post in when they are ready for their character to be graded.
Back to top Go down
Umi Hakumei
Acolyte
Umi Hakumei

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:28 pm

A "Recent Changes" Thread would be nice. There seem to be going many adaptations and changes recently, with no indication other than re-reading the guides every day. For example. For example to rank up more than once, each time reset the jobs. By that I mean your 10 jobs to get adept, did NOT count towards getting acolyte
now they do. A new bold section was added to the guide. And the speed and strength "stats" and their descriptions have poofed.

Many people would only think to read the guide once, and after that only when they need to double check something. So without a place to see all the new changes or at least list what guides have changed, no one would think to look. This could cause big problems in the future.
Back to top Go down
Kuzgun
Novice
Kuzgun

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Like the patch-list on PC games? It shows all the different updates the game goes through.
Back to top Go down
Umi Hakumei
Acolyte
Umi Hakumei

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes essentially. That way it is far easier for people to know what has changed. Otherwise you get people Rping like nothing changed because they don't know.
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:14 pm

That... actually, I cannot think of why that hasn't been done yet. FIXING THIS NOW.~
Back to top Go down
Umi Hakumei
Acolyte
Umi Hakumei

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:17 am

How about a timeline forum? It would be great to be able to post a thread to keep track of all your characters topics, purchases etc. For example:

Char A and Char B are in Topic 1. They meet one another, learn their names, etc. Char A is also involved in 2 other threads, Topic 1 is in the middle. Char A and B meet once again in one of these. However, because they don't have a timeline the owner of Char A can't tell if their other topic took place before or after this one. The resulting confusion helps kill the thread.

Having a palce to list in what order various places happened, etc. would really help keep track of who your character knows, and what thread came before another.
Back to top Go down
Umi Hakumei
Acolyte
Umi Hakumei

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Account Confusion   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:33 pm

I suggest we stop using our account names as our character names. I know it may sound less confusing at first. But consider: We can have more than one account. Now, even though you don't have to worry about what account has what characters, but you have the equal confusion of what account is the same as what other account, which can be more confusing than the first problem. And doing multiple accounts you need to log in and log out each time you post on different character, a big pain in the...***. Not to mention then people need separate accounts and staff who see something bad happening have to log out of their other account and into their staff account to fix it. And you have the activity problem. You can't easily tell who is active and just it all.

Say you are picking mods in the future, and you have 4 applications, and 1 slot. Each application requires you to find all that persons alternate accounts and judge, combined, how active they are, how much they help the site, etc. Then do this for 3 others. It is far simpler, easier, and faster to have all people use a single account. This means:

1: a single post count
2: You can easily view all their topics and posts
3: You can easily see all their characters, by simply making a rule that requires all characters be linking in the signature.
4: no tracking down many accounts, or forgetting who is who.

And I end with this statement. It is far harder for me to remember what characters an account has than what alternate accounts a person has. Why? With the above rule, click their profile and the sig makes it obvious.
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Biggest issue? It's about 10x the amount of work on staff, for the lazy reason. Otherwise, it's ridiculouslly easy to lie about who has what and how much of it that way. When you have to constantly maintain who has what, and no one but you has any idea? It's a free for all for cheating. Espceially with items/money; as you can say any character has x amount out of z pool at any given moment, and then say something different the next. With items being perma-accessable via the players, lists and all, it's just asking for people to be moving items around between themselves when they don't have them, and no amount of back-checking by the staff can prove jack; because the registries can get changed. The most we can see is that x thread has been edited; not what it's been changed too. So unless the staff memorizes EVERYTHING about EVERYONE, this is just not going to work very well.
Back to top Go down
Umi Hakumei
Acolyte
Umi Hakumei

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

you are right, i had forgotten money, which makes that impossible and WOULD cause cheating. my apologies.
Back to top Go down
Youta
Novice
Youta

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:59 pm

I think that grading up shouldn't just be doing jobs and training. They should still be included but I think that having had spent a minimum amount of time on the website or at least a certain amount of rp threads with other people.
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:53 pm

That's already a thing. There's a wait between each time you can rank up; and we don't just auto-rank anyone. You have to be active in rp and events and the like to get ranked up.
Back to top Go down
Kuzgun
Novice
Kuzgun

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm not really a part of management or anything, so my oppinion does not really matter; but I always thought that its more impressive to deal a lot of damage with limited abilities. The rules said that the power of a character does not really reflect their skill. I can only chi-block a single limb, but as far as pure skill is concerned he can handle multiple foes. That being said, I don't really value rank very much. But I digress, my oppinion does't really matter here.
Back to top Go down
Houjin
Grandmaster
Houjin

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Everyone's opinions matter, hence why this thread exists. Don't ever think otherwise, we're always trying to listen to what everyone wants and thinks. Power in rank not reflecting skill is a pretty commmon theme for the battle system we use. You have to show you skills in what you have, make the best of it to destroy your opponent. Skill comes in being able to use limited resources and powers and making yourself unstoppable anyway.

But I am listening; how about some examples?
Back to top Go down
Kuzgun
Novice
Kuzgun

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Examples of skill not being equal to power? I'm not sure what you're asking.
Back to top Go down
Arawn
Grandmaster
Arawn

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:20 am

Kuzgun wrote:
Examples of skill not being equal to power? I'm not sure what you're asking.
I've seen someone use Cookie Monster and beat Itachi Uchiha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Thread!   Suggestion Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Thread!
Page 1 of 1